Therapeutic Laser Therapy is a non-surgical, highly effective treatment for low back, neck and disc pain, soft tissue injuries, chronic pain, joint conditions, arthritis, wound management, & inflammatory conditions.
Conditions Treated Effectively with Therapeutic Laser Therapy
Therapeutic Laser Therapy can be used to safely and effectively treat the following conditions associated with:
- Acute (traumatic) pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Low Back, Neck and Disc Pain
- Plantar Fascitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tennis / golfers elbow
- TMJ disorders
- Trigger Points
- Sports injuries – sprains & strains
- And more conditions
Benefits of Therapeutic Laser Therapy
- Promotes rapid cell growth. The laser accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Promotes faster wound healing. It stimulates cell growth in damaged tissues. The reduction in recovery time is an important consideration.
- Increases metabolic activity.
- Improves the quality of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or following surgery.
- Reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints. This will improve joint mobility.
- Stimulates lymph and blood circulation to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation.
- Promotes nerve function. In cases of numbness, the laser helps speed the process of nerve cell reconnection.
- Promotes the release of the body’s own pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalins from the brain, adrenal glands, and other areas, thus facilitating log lasting pain relief.
How Therapeutic Laser Therapy Works
Therapeutic Laser Therapy is an FDA cleared procedure. Research to develop this procedure was conducted by prominent physicians, chiropractors, physical therapists, dermatologists, dentists, and veterinarians.
Therapeutic Laser Therapy is a physical modality that emits light (photons) in specific regions of the electro-magnetic spectrum.
Therapeutic Laser Therapy is the most researched and published modality in physical medicine. Scientific studies have demonstrated a multitude of clinical benefits that include relieving pain from minor muscular and joint aches, pain and stiffness associated with arthritis, relaxing muscle spasms and increasing local blood circulation.
It has also been used internationally by doctors, hospitals, and clinics since the early 1970’s.
How is a Therapeutic Laser Therapy Session Performed?
Therapeutic Laser Therapy is conducted right in our office setting. Therapeutic Laser Therapy requires no unusual equipment or precautions except safety glasses are required for both patient and doctor.
Therapeutic Laser Therapy is simple and painless. Looking much like a flashlight, the probe is held close to the skin on the area being treated. The doctor or assistant will apply light to firm pressure to the area to improve the penetration of the energy.
The Therapeutic Laser is applied for a specific period of time to deliver the proper amount of laser energy. This will depend on the patient’s specific condition being treated. Treatment times vary based upon the size of the area and the predetermined depth of the therapy. Most treatments take 10 – 20 minutes.
How Many Therapeutic Laser Therapy Sessions Will it Take to “Fix My Problem”?
In most cases, multiple treatments are required to resolve chronic conditions and injuries. Recent findings conclude that, with few exceptions, patients do better when treatment begins as quickly as possible.